Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! It has begun!

Greetings and Salutations! Allow me to briefly introduce myself. My name is Tazura Seiple, and I'm a beginning author as I have just published my first solo book, A Night Off and A New Dress. I'll get back to that in a minute. I enjoy writing a great deal and reading even more so with my preferred genres being fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, and classics. I have other hobbies and responsibilities as I'm a wife and a mother, and I confess that I do get distracted by rather shiny new plots that cross my mind.  My parents inspired my love of reading at an early age, and I fear I did more extracurricular reading during school than paying attention to the lessons there.

Of course to be honest, calculus and algebra were never really an interest to me.

My parents also taught me that I can do and be anything I wanted to, I simply had to put my mind to it. I could be the princess and the knight who befriended the dragon if I wanted. I never had to wait for someone to come and rescue me. Occasionally pull me back down to earth when I started drifting off in a flight of fancy perhaps, but never rescue.

Which brings me to my story. It's a different take on Cinderella. Her family isn't Disney mean, and she certainly doesn't need a prince on a white horse to come and sweep her off her feet. It's my first solo work as I said, and I'm rather excited that it's published. I am also proud of the cover as I took the picture myself using an old shoe, a blanket, and the tiara I wore for my wedding.

Not bad for a camera phone and a bit of editing.

So, check my stories out, and if you want to follow me, I'll do my best to post once a week on just random things that cross my mind. Might drop a bit of a story I'm working on here for your reading enjoyment, might ramble about a story I've going developing, might grouse about a character that's being troublesome, or I might just shoot the breeze a bit. Who knows.

I hope to see you around the Kingdom...

No comments:

Post a Comment