Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Weekend Away

Just got back from a fantastic weekend at a delightful bed and breakfast called Ravenwood Castle that is located in the south eastern part of the state among lovely hills. It's a wonderful place to just get away from it all because the cell phone reception is lousy and the internet is nonexistent. Sometimes, it's just nice to unplug yourself fro the busy society that we're a part of and just get back to the basics.

Such as sitting in a very comfortable chair, chatting with family as the little princess runs around playing with the grandparents from both sides of the family. Both sets were delighted to play with her in between huge gossip sessions where we got caught up on life in general and our lives in particular.

I did take a notebook with me to scribble a bit in, but I admit that not much writing got done this weekend. A new idea for a story, yes, but not much writing *laughs*. I never leave the house without a notebook and a pen for just such ideas either for scenes or for ideas because the one time I didn't write down what seemed like a neat story idea, I completely lost it. Even now, I couldn't tell you what it was.

But I am now refreshed, revitalized, and rested and very ready to start writing again. Or at least I'll start writing tomorrow in the afternoon while the little princess is at preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment